(and third Thursday – or thereabouts – of the month thereafter)
Madlab (Manchester Digital Laboratory)
36-40 Edge Street, Manchester M4 1HN
(Between Thomas St and the Craft Centre, opposite A Bar Called Common) madlab.org.uk
- In-the-flesh presentation by Manchester based artist Simon Blackmore - also of the Owl Project;
- Prerecorded presentation by Cologne based artist Jens Heinen of Visionlabz and “lightwriters” Lichtfaktor;
- Informal ‘show-and-tell’ and ‘open-laptop’ sessions (go on... bring some of your own work along).
InProcess:ing focuses on the Processing language, environment and community (though not exclusively) as a vehicle to support and encourage creative collaboration and meaningful exchange between a diverse group of practitioners, creatives and hobbyists. It aims to create a playful, experimental space and a supportive framework in which people can share their work, realise new technological ideas, be inspired, challenged and stretched.
- Join us at the next session to see Processing in action, meet other interested and like-minded people and find out more about the project and how to get involved;
- Visit the InProcess:ing website to catch up with developments and future plans, watch past presentations and follow up on interesting links;
- Join the forum and share your favourite Processing sketches, suggest practitioners/work for future presentations, offer useful techniques and online resources and tell us what you’d like to see from the project.
For full biogs, photos and links visit the InProcess:ing website <inprocessing.cybersonica.org>.